Start to finish, our team of experts help you get the job done
Today’s building projects often require compressed budgets and schedules, increasingly complex designs and details, challenging installation techniques, and evolving construction materials. Yet, the life cycle and performance requirements for these buildings continue to increase. Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) is the best quality assurance/quality control process to meet and exceed an owner’s building performance requirements and is a critical tool to ensure the success of any construction project.
Our design and construction professionals provide the full range of pre-design, design phase, pre-construction, construction, and operations and maintenance phase services and are complimented by our unique testing capabilities for acoustical, structural, thermal, blast resistance, durability, energy, and air/waterproofing performance.
- Kickoff Meeting: Meet and integrate with Commissioning (Cx) Team members
- Work with Building Owner to develop Owner’s Performance Requirements (OPR) Document
- Identify Scope and Budget for Commissioning Process
- Development of initial Commissioning Plan
- Develop Commissioning Process Progress Report
Design Phase Services
- Schematic Design (SD) Meeting, Basis of Design (BoD) review, SD Technical Review, SD Cx Plan Updates, SD Report
- Develop and document commissioning specification, establish commissioning team, and identify responsibilities
- Comprehensive technical peer review of project drawings and specifications
- Including, but not limited to: constructability, roof-to-wall, foundation-to-wall, fenestration, wall-to-floor, wall-to-column, penetrations and other pertinent features.
- Perform hygrothermal computer modeling (WUFI)
- Perform final review of bid documents
- Evaluate and update Design Development (DD) OPR, Cx DD Plan, and BECx DD Report
- Coordinate Pre-Bid Meetings and briefing of construction management team
- Provide Technical Review of Construction Documents (CD) on technical matters, recommendations for development of additional details, and review for continuity, clarity, and performance.
- Evaluate and update CD OPR, Cx CD Plan, Specifications and BECx CD Report
- Review construction sequencing and scheduling
- Verify material/assembly compatibility
- Review submittals and shop drawings and make recommendations
- Develop construction checklists
- Coordinate and attend pre-installation Cx meetings with all BE trades
- Coordinate, observe, or conduct Functional Performance Testing (FPT) services
- Observe construction of mock-up and perform testing with documentation, observations, comments, and recommendations
- Perform periodic site visits to observe installation means and methods, and create an issues and non-conformance log
- Perform technical review and analysis of requested substitution materials
- Construction Phase Report
Operations & Maintenance Phase
- Finalization of project commissioning report with warranties and close-out documents
- Verify applicable training procedures of BE systems and assemblies with building maintenance personnel
- Update and distribute Final Commissioning Report