BEPG is routinely involved in projects involving the assessment and restoration of historic buildings. This work requires a deep understanding of historic construction systems, building techniques, and historic building materials, as well as the correct and sensitive implementation of restoration techniques and technology. Our staff provides knowledge of existing and historic building materials, as well as a thorough, understanding of the building restoration process. Our preservation staff has extensive experience completing historic structure assessments, project feasibility studies and analysis, and historic structure reports, as well as full building restoration, adaptive re-use design, and sensitive historic building addition design. We also have experience guiding clients through local, state, and federal design review processes, as well as administering local and federal historic preservation tax credits for qualifying projects.
BEPG provides the following historic preservation services:
- Forensic building assessment and analysis
- Historic research
- Rehabilitation planning
- Historic Structure Reports and Preservation Plans
- Assistance with creative financing solutions, including tax credits and grant funding
- Local/state landmark designation and National Register of Historic Places evaluation and nominations
- Federal/State Historic Tax Credit Certification
For more information, contact Mark Stoner, Director of Preservation.